Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday Tech Tune

This week on Tuesday Tech Tune we have New Wave sensations Ultravox! The song is 'I want to be a machine'.

They were actually originally known as Tiger Lily, I wonder if this is where the Hutchens' got the idea from. There is a real Bowie vibe to this song.

One of its later additions Midge Ure, while being an accomplished musician, is the co-writer and producer of Band Aid single 'Do they know its Christmas' (i will add this video below just in case you have not had the pleasure of seeing this clip). Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing is up to you I guess.

So lets hear what the boys have to teach us about technology. Open your notebooks and keep your pens poised to note down such gems of wisdom as -

"I walked at boulevards again
A nebula of unfinished creatures
From the lifetimes of my friends
I hope your innocence has depraved me"



No comments: